Aeries AIR – Online Student Enrollment allows a parent to quickly start the process of enrolling a student for school. Information about the student such as emergency contacts, medical and language information will be collected. Upon completion, the student's information is electronically sent to the school. Fore more information, please view the online student enrollment process.
Please use this Aeries Online Enrollment link to enroll a new student. Enrollment is not complete until you bring all required paperwork listed on the confirmation page into the school's office. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our registrar, Cyndi Estrada, at ext. 84100 or Jennifer Lindquist at ext. 84105.
- An academic transcript or current report card from your former school
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and ELPAC test scores (if applicable)
- For Special Education students: An IEP and assessments
- For GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) students: Have test scores and/or certification forms
- Court custody, restraining orders, or other papers (if applicable)
- Agenda for ELAC Informational Meeting of September 13, 2018
- Agenda para la Reunión Informativa del ELAC del 13 septiembre 2018
- Agenda for ELAC Meeting #1 of October 18, 2018
- Agenda para la Reunión #1 del ELAC del 18 octubre 2018
- Agenda for ELAC Meeting #2 of November 15, 2018
- Agenda para la Reunión #2 del ELAC del 15 noviembre 2018
- Agenda for ELAC Meeting #3 of January 31, 2019
Please view the Tustin Unified School District Health Guidelines for details.
If you or someone you know is in need of medical care and does not have medical insurance, there are various clinics and programs throughout Orange County offering free or low-cost medical/dental services. Please click on the following links to find the information that best fits your need.
Si usted o alguien que conoce necesita asistencia medica y no tiene seguro medico para cubrir los gastos, el condado de Orange tiene varias clínicas y programas que ofrecen servicios medicos/dentales gratis o a bajo costo. Por favor haga click en las siguientes paginas y elija el programa que mas le convenga a usted.
- Clinica CHOC Para Ninos - Free Immunizations and Physical Exams for Eligible Children
- CHOC Clinic at the Boys and Girls Club of Santa Ana - Free Immunizations and Physical Exams for Eligible Children
- Family Health Children's Clinic - Physical Exams for school, sports, camps for eligible uninsured children
- Hurtt Family Clinic - Free Immunizations and Physical Exams for Eligible Children
- County of Orange Health Care Agency - Free Immunizations and Physical Exams for Eligible Children
- Students Admitted at TK/K-12 Need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTap, DTP, Tdap, or Td) - 5 doses
- 4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday.
- 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.
- For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 does of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) - 4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses (not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses (both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses
These immunization requirements apply to new admissions and transfers for all grades, including transitional kindergarten.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) - 1 dose (whooping cough booster usually given at 11 years and up)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses (usually given at ages 12 months and 4-6 years)
In addition, the TK-K-12 immunization requirements apply to 7th graders who:
- previously had a valid personal beliefs exemption filed before 2016 upon entry between TK-Kindergarten and 6th grade
- are new admissions
California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry. Parents must show their child's immunization record as proof of immunization.
Parents can bring their student's immunizations to the school Health Office at any time to have the records updated.
For required immunizations guide and additional resources for parents, please visit the Tustin Unified School District Immunization Information page.
VACCINATION LAW UPDATE AND PERSONAL BELIEFS WAIVER
On January 1, 2016, SBB 277 took effect requiring that all children in California be fully vaccinated to attend public or private school. On July 1, 2019 new regulations go into effect to clarify SB277. See the Parent’s Guide to Immunizations (dated 1/19) and California Immunization Requirements for K – 12th Grade (including TK) for vaccinations required for preschool and grades TK/K-12 school attendance.
SB277 and the New Immunizations Regulations:
- No longer permit immunization exemptions based on personal beliefs for children in child care and public and private schools
- Allow for the enrollment of students who are not yet fully vaccinated who qualify:
- **For an Individualized Education Program (IEP) to access special education and related services (federal law and Section 56026 of the Education Code)
- **As foster or homeless youth (Section 48850 of the Education Code)
- **As conditionally admitted pending full immunization within the time periods designated by regulation of the California Department of Public Health
**Students in the above categories will still need to provide immunization records to their schools before entry.
Please see the links below for additional information on SB277 and new immunization regulations for how they may impact your children.
Additional Resources for Parents and Families:
School Based Mental Health Services are available at all schools throughout Tustin Unified School District with a referral from a student’s counselor and/or administrator. Students experiencing mental health disorders that impact their academic performance or school attendance may be eligible for services. TUSD has an established Mental Health Team called Family Intervention Resource Support Team (FIRST) that is comprised of 5 mental health specialists who are all licensed clinicians. Please contact your school counselor or administrator for more information.
- Online free and reduced lunch applications are available. Please submit your application via Online School Lunch Application.
- Please click on this School Lunch Status link to check your Free and Reduced Eligibility Status.
- Please click on this My School Bucks link to create a free account and easily make payments online and on‑the‑go.
Students will be able to purchase lunch at all schools in the Tustin Unified School District. Breakfast and lunch prices will remain the same as last year, according to Nutrition Services Director Teresa Squibb. The first day of school is Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018.
The school lunch prices for 2018-19 are $3 for elementary students and $3.25 for middle and high school students. All meals include a choice of entrees, fresh fruits and vegetables, and milk. Healthy a la carte snacks will be offered at the middle and high schools. Additionally, breakfast are $2 for elementary students and $2.25 for middle and high school students. The after-school snack program is available at Columbus Tustin, Currie and Utt middle schools.
Parents can prepay for their child’s meals by check, cash, or online payment with a credit or debit card.
As a part of the National School Lunch Program, some students may be eligible for a free or reduced-price lunch. All families wishing to receive free or reduced meals must complete a new application each school year. If the family received assistance in the previous year, it may continue briefly into the new year. However, without a new application the benefits could stop. It can take up to 10 days to process an application. After the application has been processed, the family will receive a letter stating those benefits for which the family is eligible. Applications are always available in the school office, administration building or online.
For more information about the TUSD lunch program, please visit the TUSD Food & Nutritional Services website.