Utt library is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays for student use. Students are responsible for materials checked out and are expected to demonstrate appropriate behavior in the library. The library provides students with computers for research; loans textbooks for students to begin their homework during the school day. Additional library services include:
- Lost and Found - Bins for found clothing or personal items are located outside the library. Unclaimed items are donated to charities several times each year. Lost textbooks are also placed in the library.
- Binder Reminders - Students are expected to have their binder reminders on them at all times. Write your name in your binder reminder so that if it gets lost, we can get it back to you. If you need to replace it, the cost is $5 and can be paid to the library.
- Identification Cards - Students will be provided with a Student I.D. card at the beginning of the school year and are expected to carry it to school at all times. Students will need to keep the card for use in the Utt Cafeteria, Library, and to check out blacktop equipment. Replacement I.D. cards are available for purchase at the Library for $5. Don’t lose yours! The replacement I.D. is that of lesser quality than the original free one given to you.
- IPADS - iPads, protective cases, and charging accessories are issued through the library. We encourage students to pay for iPad insurance as they will be liable for any damage to the iPad. If a student has an issue with an iPad, please bring it immediately to the library to receive tech support. Talk to the librarian if you lose your iPad or need help with it.
Use our library catalog to search for books and resources that the library offers! You can also look up your account and see the books you have out and if you owe any fines. Please check out our online catalog for more information.
- Britannica: Online resources are great ways to do quick and easy research for every and any project! Britannica offers general overviews of topics and is a better resource than Wikipedia or Google!
- ABC CLIO: This source requires a username (utt) and password (student) to use. Once you have logged in, this is a great source for in-depth research. Anything you can think of for middle school grades, the information is here!
BROWSE AT HOME
Please view "Browsing the Internet from Home" for instructions on how to use the WiFi at home. If you follow all the instructions, but your WiFi still does not work, follow these instructions:
- Go to setting
- Scroll down to safari
- Scroll down to block cookies
- Click on block cookies
- Choose "always allow"
- Scroll down the safari page
- Click on clear history
If your WiFi still does not work, take a screenshot of the error and bring your iPad to our librarian.