Parents and Community
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL
California Education Code requires that schools establish School Site Councils (SSC) in order to receive and spend funds as outlined in the school's Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA). The SSC is composed of parents, teachers and staff, each serving a two-year term , with the exception of the principal, who is a standing member. It is the role of the SSC to advise the principal on the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the SPSA and to allocate funds in support of the goals of the school plan. The SPSA contains the following:
- School vision and mission statement
- School profile
- Analysis of current educational practice detailing the use of textbooks and instructional materials
- Support services provided
- Goals for improving student performance
- Budget information
- Student data summary from state and district assessments
- Goals to provide school environment that supports students' social, emotional and physical well being to enhance learning.
A copy of the SPSA is available to view in the school office.
Site Council Meetings for 2019-2020:
September 16, October 14, January 13, April 27