8th Grade Information
- 8th Grade Events
- High School Information for Incoming Freshman
- 2021-2022 Yearbooks
- 8th Grade Exit Interview
8th Grade Promotion T- Shirt - Order by Friday, January 28
The PTO has created a one-of-a-kind OH Class of 2022 T-Shirt for you to show off your 8th grade pride. Order yours by Friday, January 28. Click on the link below for the flyer and online order.
8th Grade Class Picture & Spirit Day - Thursday, March 10th
Join your fellow 8th grade students in the quad, during NEST, to take a unique class picture to commemorate your final year at OH. Please wear your 8th Grade promotion shirt for this picture or a GRAY t-shirt!
High School Course Selection (Registration) - April 6
Core teachers will escort their students to the gym for the one on one meetings with the BHS counselors to review courses. The FHS and THS counselors will meet individually with their students at 8am. The high school counselors will review each student’s selected courses at this time. This event is for students only.
8th Grade Promotion - Thursday, May 19 at 6:00 pm
Each student will receive 4 admission tickets for family members to attend the promotion ceremony.
A limited opportunity to upgrade these four tickets to a VIP section will be available at an auction in the Spring.
Each family member must have a ticket to enter the promotion ceremony in the middle school quad.
Promotion Party - Friday, May 20, 2022 7:00 p.m to 9:30 p.m.
The party will be held outdoors in the school QUAD.
The cost is $35 per student, which includes dinner, dessert, DJ, photo booth, games, etc. This will be a fun night for the students to celebrate with their friends.
The party is NOT a formal event. Attending students must follow all dress code guidelines which are outlined in the Orchard Hills Code of Conduct.
Disneyland Trip - Monday, May 23, 2022
- Buses will leave Orchard Hills in the morning around 8:00 AM and return around 6:30 PM..
- Students MAY NOT be dropped off at or picked up from Disneyland. Students must take the bus to and from school.
- The cost is $115 per child, which includes a Disneyland admission ticket and round trip bus transportation.
- Students should bring additional money for food and miscellaneous items. For students who have a Disneyland Magic Key pass, the transportation cost is $10. A proof of ticket purchase and reservation will need to be provided before the trip. Please reserve May 23rd for you child ASAP as we will not be able to order additional tickets after March 23rd.
Yearbook Signing Party/Last Day of School - May 27, 2022
Yearbooks are available for purchase online at http://orchardhillsyearbooks.com
The cost is $55.00
March 8 - Beckman High School Orientation
- Student High School Orientation - The BHS counselors will visit 8th grade Core classes for high school orientation.
- BHS Parent Night at Orchard Hills - Dr. Rafter, BHS Principal, will present to incoming Orchard Hills parents in our gym. He looks forward to informing you about the course selection process and sharing ideas from Challenge Success. This event is intended for parents.
March 23 - Parent Night at Beckman High School - PARENTS ONLY
- 5:00 p. m. - Principal's introduction in the PAC (auditorium)
- There will be several breakout sessions designed to provide you with specific information about the various programs that support the school’s continued vision of achievement in the FOUR A’s (Academics, Athletics, Activities, and the Arts).
Administrators and counselors will explain the college preparatory programs, enrollment and registration process and graduation requirements.
Directors, coordinators, coaches, advisors and teachers will speak about specific programs they lead.
April 6 - Course Selection
- Core teachers will escort their students to the gym for the one on one meetings with the BHS counselors to review courses. The high school counselors will review each student’s selected courses at this time. This event is for students only.
March 8 - Foothill High School Orientation
FHS counselors will be meeting with all incoming 9th graders at 8 a.m.
March 24 - FHS Showcase Night at 6:00 p. m.
- 5:00-6:00 Athletics Open House in the Events Center
- 6:00 - 6:15 p.m. - Principal's Message (Quad)
- 6:15 - 8:00 p.m. - Food trucks/Tailgate/Table Visits/Games
- 6:25 - 7:55 p.m. - Breakout Sessions- see information flyer below
April 6 - Course Selection
FHS counselors will meet individually with incoming 9th graders at 8 a.m. The high school counselors will review each student’s selected courses at this time. This event is for students only.
March 8 - Tustin High School Orientation
THS counselors will be meeting with all incoming 9th graders at 8 a.m.
March 24 - Open House and 8th grade Parent Night at Tustin High
- 4:30 p.m. - Taqueria El Gordito Taco Stand will be on campus for families wanting to purchase dinner.
- 6:00 p.m. - Opening remarks from Principal Tuin in the Sports Pavillion. Also, during this time, THS will be highlighting outstanding elective programs such as AVID, ASB, Visual and Performing Arts, MUN, STEM and more.
6:00 p.m. - Information regarding the Athletic Program in the Old Gym from 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
7:00 p.m. - THS Open House. Students and Parents will be able to visit classrooms and teachers, as well as participate in the evening’s special events.
April 6 - Course Selection
THS counselors will be meet with individually with incoming 9th graders at 8 a.m. The high school counselors will review each student’s selected courses at this time. This event is for students only.
How to shine in the 8th Grade Exit Interview
Orchard Hills School - Preparation for May 2021
DOWNLOAD a printable version of the
8th Grade Promotion Information & Exit Interview "How-To" Guide HERE
- Showcase a collection of our students best work and accomplishments
- Students describe progress made toward the ESLRS
- Give community leaders the chance to observe the accomplishments of our future leaders
PART 1 - The Notebook
The format is up to the student… (Binder, iPad, Haiku, Flash-drive)
Set up the following sections:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- My Element
(You are encouraged to include photos of your completed work and accomplishments)
PART 2 - The Interview (One-on-One)
Each Student will respond to the following 7 questions:
- Please show me (and describe) a work sample you are most proud of.
- Please describe for me how you have become an effective communicator at Orchard Hills.
- Please describe how you have been challenged at OH to think critically and independently.
- Please describe for me what it means to be a productive and responsible citizen.
- Describe how you have worked towards the attainment of your Element.
- Is there anything else you would like to share with me?
- Do you have any questions for me? OR Interviewer may choose to share about his/her own career.
The Interview - Tips
- Share your personal story
- Highlight ESLRS
- Discuss goals - long & short term
- Think outside the box
- Make good eye contact
- Use respectful language (Sir and Ma'am)
- Proper handshake
- Dress for Success - Business or Business Casual
- Be Yourself
- Have FUN!
ESLRS - Download HERE
- Effective Communicator
- Creative and Independent Thinker
- Productive & Responsible Citizen
- Soar to great heights - review this
- You will be asked about this : )
3 Types of People
- Procrastinator - "I'll do it later"
- Lazy Daisy - "It's just not that important"
- Action Heroes - "Those who get things done!"
IF YOU NEED HELP
- Mrs. Huynh
- Mrs. MacInnis
- Mrs. Switzer
- Mrs. Smith
- Any of your Teachers
- Your Parents
- We are ALL here to help if you need us!
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important
as what you become by achieving your goals."
- Zig Ziglar