8th Grade Information
2019 8th GRADE PROMOTION ACTIVITIES & INFORMATION
IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES TO KEEP IN MIND:
- 8th Grade Panoramic Photo: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2019 during NEST
- Beckman High School Counselors meet with 8th Graders: FRIDAY, MARCH 8th, 2019 during school to review the High School course selection process.
- Beckman High School Principal, Donnie Rafter, will review the High School course selection process with OH 8th Grade Parents:
- DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 8th, 2019
- TIME: 6:00pm
- LOCATION: OH Multi-Purpose Room (MPR)
- 8th Grade Individual Promotion Portraits: MONDAY, MARCH 25 thru WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27, 2019 during PE
- Beckman High School Pancakes with Patriots & Summer Sports Sign Ups: SATURDAY, APRIL 27th, 2019
- Get more information HERE
- 8th Grade Exit Interview: FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2019 during school
- Beckman High School Summer Sports Sign Ups & Sports Physicals: SATURDAY, MAY 18th, 2019
- Get more information HERE
- 8th Grade Disneyland Trip: MONDAY, MAY 20, 2019 - 8:00am to 6:00pm
- 8th Grade Promotion: THURSDAY, MAY 23, 3019 - 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- 8th Grade Promotion Party: FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2019 - 6:00pm to 8:30pm
How to shine in the 8th Grade Exit Interview
Orchard Hills School - Preparation for May 2019
DOWNLOAD a printable version of the
8th Grade Promotion Information & Exit Interview "How-To" Guide HERE
- Showcase a collection of our students best work and accomplishments
- Students describe progress made toward the ESLRS
- Give community leaders the chance to observe the accomplishments of our future leaders
PART 1 - The Notebook
The format is up to the student… (Binder, iPad, Haiku, Flash-drive)
Set up the following sections:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- My Element
(You are encouraged to include photos of your completed work and accomplishments)
PART 2 - The Interview (One-on-One)
Each Student will respond to the following 7 questions:
- Please show me (and describe) a work sample you are most proud of.
- Please describe for me how you have become an effective communicator at Orchard Hills.
- Please describe how you have been challenged at OH to think critically and independently.
- Please describe for me what it means to be a productive and responsible citizen.
- Describe how you have worked towards the attainment of your Element.
- Is there anything else you would like to share with me?
- Do you have any questions for me? OR Interviewer may choose to share about his/her own career.
The Interview - Tips
- Share your personal story
- Highlight ESLRS
- Discuss goals - long & short term
- Think outside the box
- Make good eye contact
- Use respectful language (Sir and Ma'am)
- Proper handshake
- Dress for Success - Business or Business Casual
- Be Yourself
- Have FUN!
ESLRS - Download HERE
- Effective Communicator
- Creative and Independent Thinker
- Productive & Responsible Citizen
- Soar to great heights - review this
- You will be asked about this : )
3 Types of People
- Procrastinator - "I'll do it later"
- Lazy Daisy - "It's just not that important"
- Action Heroes - "Those who get things done!"
IF YOU NEED HELP
- Mrs. Huynh
- Mrs. Montes
- Mrs. Agopian
- Any of your Teachers
- Your Parents
- We are ALL here to help if you need us!
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important
as what you become by achieving your goals."
- Zig Ziglar
2018-2019 Orchard Hills Middle School (Grades 6-8)Yearbooks
- Please click on the link HERE to order a 2018-19 OH Middle School (Grades 6-8) Yearbook.
- ONLINE ORDERS ONLY
- There will be NO OH Middle School (Grades 6-8) Yearbooks sold by cash or check at the end of the year.
2018-2018 Orchard Hills Elementary School (Grades K-5) Yearbooks
- Information on how to order COMING SOON!