Orchard Hills Middle School Sports - Try Out Something New!
CROSS COUNTRY, BASKETBALL & VOLLEYBALL
- This is an intra-mural program, with no try-outs and no cuts.
- Practices will be held on campus, after school, with occasional travel to other schools for scrimmages.
- The emphasis is on sportsmanship and having fun.
- Students will learn the rules and strategies of each sport in a supportive environment, coached by middle-school teachers.
- Both experienced and novice athletes are encouraged to participate.
- Games will be self-refereed by students.
- Each sport will last for 6 weeks, culminating in a one-day “festival” at the end of the season.
- A grade-level “all star” team will be chosen to compete in the festival.
- The festival will be held during the school.day - parents are invited to attend. This is a unique opportunity to observe the students as they referee themselves and practice problem-solving techniques.
- $45 for Cross Country (includes Dino Dash sign-up). $35 for Basketball & Volleyball. All are considered donations to the Tustin Public Schools Foundation, who assists in running these programs.
- See your PE teacher for more information and permission slips.
The registration donation covers the costs of the coaching staff, transportation to and from scrimmages, and the all-day festival at the end of the season. Additional donations are welcome and will help keep after-school sports available. Registration and donations may be completed online at www.tpsf.net.
- CROSS COUNTRY: SEPTEMBER - NOVEMBER 2019
- BASKETBALL: JANUARY - MARCH 2020
- VOLLEYBALL: MARCH - APRIL 2020
The Basketball season for OH 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Boys and Girls will start up in January 2020!
Please contact the Orchard Hills Athletic Director, Robert Sheveland, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Students are offered a locker to safeguard their personal property. The school is not responsible for items that are lost, damaged, or stolen in lockers. Students should never share their combination with another student. Students are to pay close and precise attention to make sure their locker is closed and locked after use. Large amounts of money or valuables should not be brought to school or stored in your locker.
All incoming 6th grade students will be given a combination padlock for their book locker and one for their PE locker. Students will keep these two locks with them throughout their time at Orchard Hills (6th-8th grade). Locks must be school-issued due to matters of school security. School lockers are considered school property and subject to search. Locks that are not school-issued will be removed. Lost, damaged, or stolen locks must be replaced at a cost of $5.00.
- PE locks & lockers will be issued by the PE staff during the first week of school
- One student per small locker. Some students may be asked to share long PE lockers.
- Students are required to lock all personal items in their PE locker upon leaving the locker room.
- Orchard Hills is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Lost or damaged PE locks must be reported to PE staff and a replacement lock will be issued.
- Students may be required to pay for lost or damaged PE locks.
- Students are responsible for making sure their locker is closed & locked before leaving the PE locker room.
- No food or drinks are permitted at any time in the P.E. locker room.
- Aerosol containers (including, but not limited to, Axe body spray, hairspray, deodorant/antiperspirant, etc) are not permitted on campus including the locker rooms at any time.
- Unsafe conduct will not be tolerated and will result in disciplinary action.