- Shirts, polo shirts or blouses should be solid red, white, navy or light blue. A Nelson T-shirt or sweatshirt is of course always acceptable.
- “Spirit Wear” is sold year-round.
- Khaki or navy blue shorts, pants, skirts, skorts or jumpers (Blue/red plaid is acceptable for skorts, skirts and jumpers.) Jeans/denim are also acceptable.
- Pants should fit well. No sweatpants or elastic waist band pants; Belts will not be required.
- Shoes must be closed-toed; tennis shoes are most appropriate
- Any color socks are acceptable
- Coats, jackets or sweaters of any color can be worn
- Girls may wear bike shorts/leggings to school under skirts and jumpers only
TUSD UNIFORM GUIDELINES
Students SHOULD NOT wear the following:
- Baggy trousers, shorts or skirts
- Low riding pants, shorts or skirts
- Logos on any clothing, including professional team names or athletic wear
- Clothing associated with gangs or illegal activities
- Bare midriffs (mid-section should not be exposed)
- Halter tops, spaghetti straps or bare shoulders (straps must be at least 2 inches wide)
- Clothes which allow undergarments to be exposed
- Tight or revealing clothes, see-through blouses or tops
- Sandals, flip-flops or slippers
- Make-up or tattoos
- Excessive or spiked jewelry, belts, etc.
- Un-natural hair color or hairstyles that cause a disruption
- Hats, stocking caps, hoods or head scarves
**Basic uniform clothes can be purchased at any store including Target, Macys, Kohl’s, JC Penney and Nordstrom.
If you have any questions, please call the Nelson office at (714) 730-7536.