- Shirts, polo shirts or blouses should be solid red, white, or navy blue. A Nelson T-shirt or sweatshirt is of course always acceptable.
- “Spirit Wear” is sold year-round.
- Khaki or navy blue shorts, pants, skirts, skorts or jumpers (Blue/red plaid is acceptable for skorts, skirts and jumpers.) Jeans/denim are also acceptable.
- Pants should fit well. No sweatpants or elastic waist band pants; Belts will not be required.
- Shoes must be closed-toed; tennis shoes are most appropriate
- Any color socks are acceptable
- Coats, jackets or sweaters of any color can be worn
- Girls may wear bike shorts/leggings to school under skirts and jumpers only
TUSD UNIFORM GUIDELINES
Students SHOULD NOT wear the following:
- Baggy trousers, shorts or skirts
- Low riding pants, shorts or skirts
- Logos on any clothing, including professional team names or athletic wear
- Clothing associated with gangs or illegal activities
- Bare midriffs (mid-section should not be exposed)
- Halter tops, spaghetti straps or bare shoulders (straps must be at least 2 inches wide)
- Clothes which allow undergarments to be exposed
- Tight or revealing clothes, see-through blouses or tops
- Sandals, flip-flops or slippers
- Make-up or tattoos
- Excessive or spiked jewelry, belts, etc.
- Un-natural hair color or hairstyles that cause a disruption
- Hats, stocking caps, hoods or head scarves
**Basic uniform clothes can be purchased at any store including Target, Walmart, Macy's, Kohl’s, JC Penney and Nordstrom.
If you have any questions, please call the Nelson office at (714) 730-7536.