Thank you for a wonderful year!
I have truly enjoyed your children this year. I will miss our 5th graders and wish them the best of luck in middle school. I am looking forward to welcoming and getting to know all of our new students. Enjoy a safe and fun-filled summer!
Preparing for 19-20 – See attached Welcome Packet
Summer Letter: See attached letter for important dates and information to prepare for the 2019-2020 school year.
Calendar: Make sure to schedule all vacations around school days.
Uniform: Myford is a uniform school. Prepare accordingly for this and do not purchase additional non-uniform back-to-school clothes.
- TK: Early Cubs: 8:00-11:23 Late Cubs: 10:00-1:23 every day
- Kindergarten 8:00-1:24 every day
- 1st-5th: 8:15-2:43 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday/8:15-1:19 Wednesday
School Supplies: See attached for a suggested school supply list.
Volunteering: There will be a new training video and quiz requiring before volunteering for the 2019-2020 school year. Be on the lookout for further information this summer.
Girls Scout Troops
Thank you and Congratulations to Girl Scout Troop #2482 for their Silver Award Project, the troop selected Myford’s garden. They have not only cleaned a heavily overgrown garden, but added many fruit trees, herbs, and other plants. Cheerful signs now greet garden visitors. The troop ensured that the bounty will be plentiful and the garden will be long-lasting. Congratulations to Elsa Choi, Jenna Flechner, Elie Phan and Mikayla Vu. They will be receiving their award this weekend. Most of these wonderful girls are Myford Alumni.
Did you know that students who don’t read over the summer actually start the school year off worse than when they leave? Don’t let that happen to your children! Read every day and log your minutes. Students who complete the Summer Reading Challenge will get a free book when they return. See attached.
PTO Facebook Page
Want to KNOW what’s up with PTO? Search for Myford Elementary PTO on Facebook and “Like” and “Follow” our page. Get updates, flyers, and Myford happenings here.
Save the Date: Upcoming Events
- June 4: Last day office is open
- July 22: First day office is open
- August 12: TK/K, 1st Grade, New Student Orientations: ELAC and SSC information meeting
- August 13: First day of school
Stay Informed - UPDATED
1. Read the Friday Facts thoroughly – they arrive via email on Fridays around 4:30.
2. Follow us on Twitter @tusdmyfordmedia
3. Sign up to receive Text Message Alerts: message 40404 and type Follow @tusdmyfordmedia in the message box.
4. Check the website for current information www.tustin.k12.ca.us/myford
5. Download the 2018-2019 Calendar of Events and keep it in a visible location
6. Read the Connect Ed emails
7. Listen to the Connect Ed calls
8. Read the marquee daily