Maximizing student learning and social responsibility with high expectations for all.
High Expectations for Success
- All teachers believe all students can learn.
- All teachers differentiate lessons using research based strategies.
- Teachers believe that some students need multiple opportunities to master standards.
- Teachers provide systematic ELD for English Language Learners.
- Teachers have a support system of academic “coaches” who provide resources and intervention strategies.
- Teachers introduce, model, and positively reinforce social responsibility using the character traits.
- The principal acts as an instructional leader and communicates the school mission to staff, parents, students, and community.
- The principal and teachers use various communication tools such as email, website, Friday Folders, newsletters, and Connect-Ed to communicate with parents.
- The principal visits classrooms and gives honest/constructive feedback.
- The principal and teachers model teaching strategies to peers through peer observations and professional development for the staff.
- The principal and teachers attend ongoing professional development.
- Staff meetings are timely and productive.
- Teachers provide opportunities for student leadership (Student Council, PAL, etc.)
Frequent Monitoring of Student Progress
- Teachers reflect on the previous year’s assessments to create goals for the upcoming year.
- Teachers assess continuously, reflect collaboratively, and use their analysis to guide instruction.
- Teachers meet on a regularly scheduled basis to plan, reflect, assess, and apply.
Opportunity to Learn and Time on Task
- Teachers reinforce content standards using computer programs and web based technology to promote student engagement.
- Grade level teams utilize pacing guides for planning instruction.
- Opportunities are maximized for student engagement during instruction.
- Students are participant/observers in content based assemblies.
- Office and administration limit the number of interruptions during the school day to maximize student learning.