- Technology-rich learning environment including 1:1 iPads in most grade levels, SMART boards, and an integrated technology set-up in each classroom.
- Rigorous, research-based curricular programs including Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI) math, STEMscopes science, and Readers and Writers Workshop.
- Engaging STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and Maker education offerings and an award winning Robotics Team! The Cougar Innovation Lab houses Beebot and Ozobot coding robots, Osmo interactive learning tools, a green screen studio, Lego stations and more!
- Spectacular, community-built learning garden allows students to participate in hands-on learning activities, planting, harvesting, composting and more!
- Arts education in all grade levels with Art Masters and FIBO art programs, as well as John Yeiser music assemblies. All 3rd-5th grade students participate in a weekly music program, including voice, strings, and recorders.
Loma Vista's library was completely updated in 2018. Books are available for students at all reading levels in a wide range of interests. New furniture makes the space comfortable and inviting.
Students visit the library with their class regularly. There is something for everyone - please ask your teacher or the librarian if you need help finding books just right for you!
Loma Vista parents can sign books out of our library. Please check with the librarian for details.
Volunteer In the Library
Parents are welcome and invited to volunteer in the library, either during the time their student's class is scheduled to visit, or any time that is convenient. It is fun to be in the library to see students excited over reading material!
http://www.readkiddoread.com is a great resource for reading suggestions. The site includes everything from picture books to young adult selections:
This was our summer reading challenge a few years ago. It has a great summary of reading opportunities for students any time of the year: Reading Suggestions
LEXIA READING CORE5 - Use this website to practice your reading skills.
SPELLINGCITY - Play games to practice your spelling and vocabulary.
Khan Academy is a non-profit educational organization created in 2006 by educator Salman Khan with a goal of creating a set of online tools that help educate students. The organization produces short lessons in the form of YouTube videos. This site is free and will be a useful resource beyond elementary school.