THE GUIN FOSS LOOK
- Shirts, polo shirts or blouses should be solid red, white, navy or light blue. A Guin Foss T-shirt or sweatshirt is of course always acceptable. “Spirit Wear” is sold the first four weeks of school.
- Khaki or navy blue shorts, pants, skirts, skorts or jumpers (Blue/red plaid is acceptable for skorts, skirts and jumpers.) Jeans/denim are also acceptable.
- Pants should fit well. No sweatpants or elastic waist band pants; belts are to be worn with pants/shorts that have belt loops.
- Shoes must be closed-toed; tennis shoes are most appropriate
- Any color socks are acceptable
- Coats, jackets or sweaters of any color can be worn; but no sports logos
- Girls may wear bike shorts/leggings to school under skirts and jumpers only
TUSD UNIFORM GUIDELINES
- Students SHOULD NOT wear the following:
- Baggy trousers, shorts or skirts
- Low riding pants, shorts or skirts
- Logos on any clothing, including professional team names or athletic wear
- Clothing associated with gangs or illegal activities
- Bare midriffs (mid-section should not be exposed)
- Halter tops, spaghetti straps or bare shoulders (straps must be at least 2 inches wide)
- Clothes which allow undergarments to be exposed
- Tight or revealing clothes, see-through blouses or tops
- Sandals, flip-flops or slippers
- Make-up or tattoos
- Excessive or spiked jewelry, belts, etc.
- Un-natural hair color or hairstyles that cause a disruption
- Hats, stocking caps, hoods or head scarves
Basic uniform clothes can be purchased at any store including Target, Macys, Kohl’s, JC Penney and Nordstrom. They can also be mail ordered from Land’s End.
If a parent feels that they need to exempt their child from the uniform policy expectations, they must complete a waiver form, which will be kept on file for the current year only. The student is still expected to dress appropriately and follow the guidelines of the district dress code policy. Teachers will be notified of students in their classes who have this waiver on file. *Waivers must be completed by a parent each year. They do not automatically “roll over.”
If you have any questions, please call the Guin Foss office at (714) 730-7552.
Yearbooks are available to order for 2018-2019 school year.
Parents can upload and design 2 pages with their own pictures, please upload and customize no later than 5/10/2019 (training materials and videos are available for reference online).
Yearbooks are $25 each for TK – 4th Grade. 5th Grade yearbooks are $30.
1. To purchase your book with 2 FREE custom pages, register and pay online
2. Online credit or debit card purchases only.
Buy the Guin Foss Elementary TK - 4th Grade Yearbook on TreeRing.com.
Buy the Guin Foss Elementary 5th Grader Yearbook on TreeRing.com.
***PLEASE UPLOAD PICTURES FOR YEARBOOK USE ON TREERING.COM OR EMAIL PHOTOS TO GUINFOSSYEARBOOK1@GMAIL.COM. PLEASE SEND ANY PICTURES YOU MIGHT HAVE FROM CLASSROOM OR SCHOOL ACTIVITIES/EVENTS. WE WANT TO MAKE SURE OUR YEARBOOK PICTURES REFLECT THE ENTIRE SCHOOL AND WE NEED YOU TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR PICTURES!!!***
Please include your child’s name, grade, teachers name & event when submitting photos.
Spirit Wear is considered part of the school uniform and can be worn any day of the week!
Limited quantities of youth size short sleeve shirts are still available on a first come, first served basis.
Payment can be made by cash or personal check payable to Guin Foss PTO.