Dave La Vigna
Dear Foothill Parents,
The Foothill Education Foundation (Ed Fund) is excited to kick off its annual 2018-2019 Contributors Campaign. This campaign is our primary fund raising event and we look forward to your help in reaching our financial goals.
The Ed Fund was founded in 1989 by a group of Foothill families to provide our school with the financial support needed to expand our school's educational programs. Today, the Ed Fund operates as a non-profit, charitable organization managed by a rotating group of FHS parent volunteers.
Thanks to the generous support of families like yours, the Ed Fund is able to allocate upwards of $200,000 annually to support Foothill classrooms and facilities. Below is a sampling of the difference your donations, both large and small, made to our students at Foothill last year:
- School-Wide: Campus-wide modernization projects, specifically a student communication
system ready to promote school spirit. Also a rewards program for Positive Student Behavior
(PBIS); LINK crew, a peer led mentoring program matching upperclassmen with incoming
freshmen; Library Books; and the Cal State Fullerton After School Tutoring Program for all subjects.
- English and Language: Resources for world language, literature and vocabulary programs.
- Special Education: Multiple grants for our special needs classes.
- Science and Engineering: Top of the line science and engineering lab upgrades. In addition, the Ed Fund supports the eight Career Technological Educational Pathways for students toobtain multiple certifications, as well as the world renowned Vex Robotics Teams representingFoothill in local and world championship tournaments.
- College and Career Counseling: SAT/ACT Prep Class Scholarships.
- Culinary Arts: Support of the upgrade to top tier status for the culinary lab, which will enableour students to be career ready in the Culinary Arts industry.
- Teacher Education: Teacher participation in the National Science Teacher Association National Conference, and the Council of Exceptional Children (CEC) Convention and Expo; and AVID Teacher Professional Development. Due to this investment, Foothill is a statewide leader in the implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards; we have the highest Special Education testing scores; and we are a model AVID program.
This year, your donations will again contribute to many improvement projects and academic programs on the Foothill High School campus. Donations will help fund the educational support materials for all subject areas, elective classes and classrooms; support college and career counseling; and allow for teacher professional development. With your donation we are able to make essential choices that enhance our school and enable our students to flourish in a state of the art environment that promotes our Foothill community.
Every donation makes a difference, and in advance, we thank you for your support!
Kathy Greubel and Connie Worden
Co-Chairs, Foothill Ed Fund Contributors Campaign