Welcome to the Foothill Athletics Tryouts Page!
This page has the following information:
- General Information
- Tryouts for the 2018-19
- General Tryout Information for Upcoming Seasons
Fall Sports: Boys/Girls Cross Country, Football, Boys Water Polo, Girls Tennis, Girls Golf, Girls Volleyball
Winter Sports: Boys/Girls Basketball, Boys/Girls Soccer, Boys/Girls Wrestling, Girls Water Polo
Spring Sports: Baseball, Softball, Boys/Girls Lacrosse, Boys/Girls Track, Boys/Girls Swimming, Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, Boys Volleyball
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE MUST BE COMPLETED THE YEAR OF PARTICIPATION PRIOR TO BEING ENROLLED IN A SPORT. ATHLETIC PHYSICALS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO TRYING OUT FOR A SPORT.
Cross Country, Swimming & Track generally do not cut, but do have a tryout period because of the high volume of participants. We had to turn people away this year. The remainder of the sports hold tryouts, in some instances on two different occasions. The majority of programs have conducted tryouts at the end of the spring season, or during summer. These tryouts are generally held early in an effort to make sure students are placed into 6th period P.E. classes prior to registration. Should an athlete be added after the beginning of school, their schedules will switch.
The majority of programs run year-round programs, which means a student can be in that sport's 6th period class for the entire year. Not all do, however. Check with the coaches, or call the athletic office to check for more information on that.
For those students in 6th period classes, they should remember that practices - which fall into the 6th period P.E. category - are just that, class. Attendance is mandatory, for practices, games & fundraising activities that might be scheduled by the coach.
Tryouts for the 2018-19 Seasons
(Check with the head coach or team website for more information)
Most sports run a summer program. While it is not mandatory to participate to play on a team, it does offer valuable opportunity to interact with season coaches, get instruction & practice skills that will be important for making the team. See team websites for specific summer information.
Click on sport name to access the team website
- Cross Country: TBA
- Football: No tryout (Need to attend summer workouts to qualify)
- Golf (Girls): June 12th & 13th, 2018. Contact Kathryn Prancevic at KPrance@cox.net to schedule tee time.
- Tennis (Girls): May 22, 2018 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Hillview Tennis Courts. Returning Varsity and JV players, I will also consider
participation and results in USTA team tennis as well as the Spring clinic
at THRC. Our goal as a coaching staff is to maximize the opportunities
for players committed to the program while also allowing newer
players an opportunity to grow within the program.
- Volleyball (Girls): August 2nd & 3rd. Returning players from 12 to 2 pm. New, incoming players from 2 to 4 pm.
- Water Polo (Boys): TBA
Click on sport name to access the team website
- Basketball (Boys): July 12, 2018 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm in the Main Gym
- Basketball (Girls): TBA
- Soccer (Boys): TBA
- Soccer (Girls): TBA
- Water Polo (Girls): TBA
- Wrestling (Boys): TBA
- Wrestling (Girls): TBA
CLICK ON SPORT NAME TO ACCESS THE TEAM WEBSITE
- Baseball: TBA
- Golf (Boys): TBA
- Lacrosse (Boys): TBA
- Lacrosse (Girls): TBA
- Softball: TBA
- Swimming: Incoming freshman tryouts are on Friday, June 22nd, 2018 at 8:00 am at Foothill High School's pool.
CLICK ON SPORT NAME TO ACCESS THE TEAM Page
General Tryout Information for upcoming seasons
- Girls Tennis: Tryouts are conducted at the beginning of June; However, individual tryouts have been granted - contact Coach Hermanson for details.
- Boys Basketball: Freshman tryouts are held in early summer. There is an additional tryout held at the beginning of the school year.
- Girls Basketball: Tryouts are held at the end of July & at some point during the first two weeks of school. Teams are generally set in the first tryout, but spots are often still available.
- Boys Soccer: There is a summer tryout right at the beginning of the summer period. Tryouts for the regular season are held the first week of school.
- Wrestling: The first tryouts are held in July for Summer Tournaments. There is also a summer camp. In the Fall, following the conclusion of Freshman Football, a final tryout will be held. Contact Coach Caldwell for information.
- Boys Volleyball: Tryouts are held in the summer & winter.
- Boys Golf: Tryouts generally by invitation.
- Swimming: Tryouts are usually held at the beginning of school.
- Track: Tryouts generally are conducted in early December. Track is a Spring Semester sport only.
- Cheer or Dance Tryouts: Visit the Cheer or Dance Team page on the FHS website