FHS Solar Carport Project
In order to improve energy costs and efficiency, Foothill High School's parking lot is undergoing a solar project this year. Carports will be added to the Event Center parking lot, Junior parking lot, and Faculty parking lot, with solar panels affixed to each of them. During this time there will be a decrease in the number of parking spaces depending on which phase of construction the project is currently in. Please plan accordingly as this solar project is anticipated to be completed by the end of May 2018. We will post updated information and project progress.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may present. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements in the best interest of our students, teachers, and community.
Adam Hernandez, Ed.D.
Foothill High School Assistant Principal
(714) 730-7464, Ext. 86604
Solar Construction Update
The project will be very inconvenient for all of us, but it will be Terrific when it is finished! Please help us with Patience and Flexibility throughout the process.
What you are going to see the week of Feb 13-19:
- Staff Lot - Construction starts Feb 19
- New fencing on the blacktop by portables
- Newly painted “Staff” on 40 stalls near 100 building in the Junior Lot
- Staff will begin to park there Feb 19
- No Changes to Senior Lot throughout the process
- Following Weeks: February 19 to the End of May. Parking Alterations during this time:
- Juniors will lose from 40 to 80 spaces during this time
- In the Junior Lot - Non-Fenced area and non-staff designated areas are open for juniors to park throughout the phases
- Parking for Juniors along Foothill Blvd is encouraged - not in tennis court lot!
- Follow the Fencing - construction company will be moving the fencing throughout the project, which will determine parking areas.
Dr. Mike Williams
Foothill High School Principal
(714) 730-7464, Ext. 86603
Every Student, Inspired to Learn, Empowered to Excel, Every Day