Frequently Asked Questions
· Foothill High School counselors will hold an orientation at each of the middle schools.
· Enrollment packets will be handed out to the 8th grade students living in the Foothill HS boundary.
· Your student will bring this enrollment packet home for your review sometime in the Spring.
· The counselors will return to the middle schools to collect the completed packets.
· Apply for your transfer during the Transfer window. Click here for more information
When will we find out if our transfer is approved?
· All acceptance or denial letters will be mailed as soon as TUSD reviews all of the applications. The letters will include enrollment details.
My student attends a private school, but we live in the Foothill HS boundary. How do we enroll?
· In mid March, click here and follow the steps.
· What happens next?
· During your enrollment appointment, you will select courses for next year. You may be given a Course Selection sheet to be taken to your student’s current school. His/her current teachers will mark and initial their course recommendations.
· Return the Course Selection sheet to Foothill HS Counseling Department as soon as possible.
· At the end of July, your student will come to Foothill HS and go through the on-campus registration, where students receive their student ID’s & schedules.
How does my student get into the IB program?
· Please attend the IB presentation during the FHS Showcase Night in March.
· For more information about IB, click here
How does my student get into AVID?
· Please attend the AVID presentation during FHS Showcase Night in March.
· Students must complete an application, get their current teachers’ recommendations and return the documents to Foothill High School by May.
· For more information about AVID, click here
How does my student get into sports?
· Please attend the Athletics presentation during the FHS Showcase Night in March.
· For more information about Athletics, click here