Database Access for Students and Staff
- On Campus Access - Databases can be accessed without passwords when on any district campus network.
- At Home Access - Click here for usernames and passwords for access from home. Use your @mytusd.org Google account to access this document.
- Some databases may be available as an app in Clever
What is a Database?
An online library database is a collection of organized information accessed through the internet with a computer or other electronic device. Content in a database may be cross-curricular or cover a specific subject. An online library database may also be referred to as an electronic database or informational database.
Benefits of a Database
- Conduct in-depth research on a variety of subjects
- Supplement reports with multimedia such as maps, photos, audio and video
- Understand the viewpoints of various authorities on a given topic
- Address topics not covered in the textbook and enhance lessons
- Make research a more productive experience for students with vetted, authoritative resources
- Address Common Core Standards, 21st Century Learning, and College and Career Readiness