Welcome to the Tustin Unified School District Transfers Page
Transfer Request Process is best experienced on a desktop or laptop.
The 2023-24 School Year Transfer Application Period closed on January 27, 2023.
The 2024-25 School Year Transfer Application Period will take place from January 8-26, 2024. Please check back in December for more information.
The Transfer Request process is necessary for any student who would like to attend a Tustin Unified school located outside of their residence school boundary.
While students traditionally attend the school assigned to their residential area, the Board of Education recognizes some families may wish to choose a different school. TUSD has designated specific guidelines and application period for families to request a transfer. Transfer Requests are not first come, first served; Transfer Requests are processed through a random and unbiased manner. Transfers are granted to qualified students based on space availability. If there are more qualified Transfer Requests than spaces, a lottery is held. Once a school or grade reaches capacity, other sites may be offered. All decisions are FINAL.
Use the Tustin Unified School Locator to confirm residence school. If you wish to enroll in your school of residence, DO NOT complete a transfer request below. Create a new student enrollment record in the Enrollment section and contact the assigned school.
Ready to start your Transfer Request?
The application period for the 2023-24 school year closed on January 27, 2023.
If you experience technical errors or login issues with your established Aeries Parent Portal account, please visit our Tustin USD Portal Support page.
- Are Transfer Requests processed "First Come/First Served?"
- What if my student has an IEP?
- When will I receive a transfer decision?
- What if my student lives out of the District boundaries?
- What if I have more than one student?
- What is an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement and when is it due?
- Is every school a "lottery school?"
- How are the Lotteries Conducted?
- What if I am a CURRENT INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER (live outside of the TUSD) and I wish for my child to continue at the same school in TUSD?
- I don't live in the district. Can I appeal TUSD's transfer decision?
Contact the Transfers office if you have additional questions:
714-730-7301, select option 2.
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
For TUSD families that wish to have their students attend school in another district, an Interdistrict Attendance Agreement applies. A student needs an approved Interdistrict Attendance Permit to attend a school that is not in the district. Interdistrict permits are valid for one year only and must be renewed annually. An approved Interdistrict agreement must be in effect between the district of residence and the school district of desired attendance before a student can attend the desired school. Parents should contact the district they wish to attend to find out if they are accept interdistrict requests.
The Interdistrict Transfer Release from TUSD is intended for TUSD Residents who wish to attend non-TUSD schools. If you are looking for an Interdistrict Transfer permit from TUSD to another district, complete an application here: Interdistrict Attendance Permit Application
- Requests will be processed in accordance with CA Ed Code.
- Final decision notification will come from the school district you are requesting to attend.
- Permit applications for the 2024-25 school year will be accepted beginning February 1, 2024.
Interdistrict attendance agreements shall be non-tuition unless Federal Impact Aid is involved. Under a non-tuition agreement, the financial apportionment for regular education students shall be credited to the district of attendance and not the district of residence.