INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT GRADES TK-12
Enroll NOW for the 2023-2024 school year.
Use the school locator to find your school of residence.
ENROLLMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ARE RECEIVED.
PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL SITE TO FINALIZE ENROLLMENT,
SCHOOL OFFICES REOPEN ON JULY 24, 2023.
- THE SITE CAN PROVIDE A SECURE LINK TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS (or)
- THE SITE CAN SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOU TO DELIVER DOCUMENTS.
With the printed and signed document from online enrollment, please also download, print and sign the following forms as they apply:
- a) Student Health Inventory Form – All grades – Student Health Inventory Form / Formulario de Salud del Alumno
- b) Data Collection Form All grades- AB699 Data Collection Form/ Formulario de Inscripción del Proyecto de Ley 699
- c) Oral Health Assessment Form – TK, K and 1st grade – Oral Health Assessment Form / Formulario del Examen Dental
- d) Health Examination Form – Only 1st grade – Health Examination Form / Formulario del Examen de Salud
- e) Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment Form – Only TK - TK Enrollment Form / TK Formulario por Inscripción
- Photo ID from a recognized institution (example, Driver’s License or Passport)
- Proof of the child's birth date must be presented at the time of registration. Proof may be a certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, or a baptism certificate duly attested, or a passport, or, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child as prescribed by the governing board of the school district. (CA Education Code Section 48002)
Residency is established by providing either of the following :
1) Legal Possession of Residence
Copy of your rental contract, lease agreement (must include landlord/owner signature page, escrow paper, mortgage statement, property tax bill, or grant deed AND One Current Utility Bill - Gas, electric, or water bill dated within the last 90 Days
2) Residence Verification Form
Completed Residence Verification Form with signatures of the Sponsor and the Parent/Guardian and have all required attachments as specified on the form. - Residence Verification Form/Formulario de Verificación de Residencia
Immunization records. Parents must provide student(s)' health immunization records at the time of registration.
GUARDIANSHIP PAPERS (if applicable)
If the student(s) is/are not living with parents, provide current proof of guardianship (example. court orders) or Caregiver Affidavit.
IEP AND ANY ASSESSMENTS (if applicable)
Provide the most current IEP.
- Last Report Card (Kindergarten through Grade 5) or Transcript (Grades 6 through 12)
- For GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) students: Test scores and/or certification forms.
Student Transfer Policy
Tustin Unified School District has an open enrollment policy that allows students to apply to attend a school other than their school of residence. Approvals are for one year, and are reviewed each year. Information regarding transfer requests are available at the Student Transfers Office.
Each school is required to serve the students who live within its attendance boundaries before accepting students outside the boundaries. After residents are accommodated, any requests submitted will be processed on space available basis.
Residents new to Tustin Unified School District may apply for a transfer after the transfer window has closed within two weeks of establishing a change of address with proof of residence.
Transportation is not provided.