2021-22 School Year Transfer Window
Check back in December 2020 for 2021-22 School Year Transfer Information.
2020-21 Transfer Procedures & School Availability
The in-district transfer window is now closed for the 2020-21 school year. The current 2020-21 application period is intended for New Residents and Non-TUSD Residents who wish to attend TUSD schools for the 2020-21 school year. Applications for the 2020-21 School Year are processed based on "space availability" for each requested site.
Please call (714) 730-7301 ext 51317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
INTERDISTRICT applications submitted on or after the 20-21 transfer window of January 31, 2020 @ 3:01 pm, are processed based on a "space available" basis. Please contact the transfer office for additional details.
INTRADISTRICT applications for new residents to TUSD (must provide proof of move within the last 10 days) are eligible to apply.
Application and supporting documents can be submitted electronically at email@example.com or in person to:
YOU CAN REACH US BY PHONE AT: 714-730-7301, ext. 317
email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
TYPES OF TRANSFERS
TUSD Residents (Intra District)
Out of District Residents (Inter District)
CLICK HERE to confirm residency and resident school.
UPDATE: There are now a number of schools closed to transfers for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The following schools are closed to transfers.
- Heritage Elementary School
- Legacy Magnet Academy Grade 6
- Orchard Hills Grades K-5
- Sycamore K-8 Global Media Arts Technology
- Tustin Memorial Academy
- The following schools are approaching capacity and will have limited space.
- Beckman High School
- Orchard Hills (6-8) School
If you select one of the schools above as your 1st choice choice, it is highly recommended that you select a school that is not approaching capacity as your 2nd choice.
- When will I receive a transfer decision?
- Are Applications processed "First Come/First Served?"
- What if my student has an IEP?
- What if my student lives out of the District boundaries?
- What if I have more than one student?
- What is an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement?
- Is every school a "lottery school?"
- How are the Lotteries Conducted?