2020-21 Transfer Procedures & School Availability
The in-district transfer window is now closed for the 2020-21 school year. All new transfer applications from this point forward are processed based on "space availability" for each requested site and new in-district applications submitted after January 31, 2020 at 4:30 pm may not be honored.
These post deadline applications will receive notification AFTER all priority window applications have been processed.
The current application period is intended for Non-TUSD Residents who wish to attend TUSD schools for the 2020-21 school year.
INTERDISTRICT applications submitted on or after the 20-21 transfer window of January 31, 2020 @ 3:01 pm, are processed based on a "space available" basis.
INTRADISTRICT applications for new residents to TUSD (must provide proof of move within the last 10 days) are eligible to apply. Application for students currently attending a TUSD school who apply outside of the transfer window January 13-31, 2020, may not be honored.
DUE TO COVID-19, THE TRANSFER OFFICE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
If you need to drop off application documents, please do so electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
YOU CAN REACH US BY PHONE AT: 714-730-7301, ext. 317
email questions to email@example.com
TYPES OF TRANSFERS
TUSD Residents (Intra District)
Out of District Residents (Inter District)
CLICK HERE to confirm residency and resident school.
UPDATE: There are now a number of schools closed to transfers for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The following schools are closed to transfers.
- Heritage Elementary School
- Legacy Magnet Academy 6th Grade
- Sycamore K-8 Global Media Arts Technology
- Tustin Memorial Academy
- The following schools are approaching capacity and will have limited space.
- Beckman High School
- Hewes Middle School
- Orchard Hills (K-8) School
- Red Hill Elementary
If you select one of the schools above as your 1st choice choice, it is highly recommended that you select a school that is not approaching capacity as your 2nd choice.
- When will I receive a transfer decision?
- Are Applications processed "First Come/First Served?"
- What if my student has an IEP?
- What if my student lives out of the District boundaries?
- What if I have more than one student?
- What is an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement?
- Is every school a "lottery school?"
- How are the Lotteries Conducted?