INFORMATION FOR NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT grades tk-12
For your convenience, the Tustin Unified School District offers two ways to enroll your student at one of our schools.
ON-LINE ENROLLMENT & SCHOOL SITE ENROLLMENT
(This resource is provided for first-time students to our district.)
CURRENTLY OUR SCHOOLS REMAIN CLOSED AND ALL ENROLLMENT IS DONE ON-LINE
Online Enrollment is currently open for the 2019-2020 school year.
Online Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will open 2/3/20.
Please complete the ONLINE ENROLLMENT process and complete the appropriate forms below.
With the printed and signed document from the enrollment process, please also download, print and sign the following forms as they apply:
- a) Student Health Inventory Form – All grades – Student Health Inventory Form / Formulario de Salud del Alumno
- b) Oral Health Assessment Form – TK, K and 1st grade – Oral Health Assessment Form / Formulario del Examen Dental
- c) Health Examination Form – Only 1st grade – Health Examination Form / Formulario del Examen de Salud
- d) Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment Form – Only TK - TK Enrollment Form / TK Formulario por Inscripción
ENROLLMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW ARE RECEIVED.
- Photo ID from a recognized institution (example, Driver’s License or Passport)
- Proof of the child's birth date must be presented at the time of registration. Proof may be a certified copy of a birth record or a statement by the local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth, or a baptism certificate duly attested, or a passport, or, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child as prescribed by the governing board of the school district. (CA Education Code Section 48002)
RESIDENCE VERIFICATION – Residency is established by providing either of the following :
1) Legal Possession of Residence - Copy of your rental contract, lease agreement (must include landlord/owner signature page, escrow paper, mortgage statement, property tax bill, or grant deed AND One Current Utility Bill - Gas, electric, or water bill dated within the last 90 Days
2) Residence Verification Form – Completed Residence Verification Form with signatures of the Sponsor and the Parent/Guardian and have all required attachments as specified on the form. The Residence Verification Form is available from any TUSD school office or Student Services at the TUSD Administration Center at 300 South C Street in Tustin (submit to the school site).
Immunization records. Parents must provide student(s)' health immunization records at the time of registration.
GUARDIANSHIP PAPERS (if applicable)
If the student(s) is/are not living with parents, provide current proof of guardianship (example. court orders) or Caregiver Affidavit.
IEP AND ANY ASSESSMENTS (if applicable)
After completing online enrollment please contact your school site via email or telephone to finalize enrollment and arrange to submit required documentation.
For 2019-2020 enrollments, please call 714-730-7301 extension 899 for an appointment.
- Last Report Card (Kindergarten through Grade 5) or Transcript (Grades 6 through 12)
- CAHSEE Scores (Grade 10 and Above)
- For GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) students: Test scores and/or certification forms.
- For Special Education students: An IEP and assessments.
The kindergarten program is 203 minutes per day. Registration information may be obtained from your school site. Materials you need include proof of child's birth (see 'Identification' above), immunization record, and proof of residency.
Proof of residency is established upon submission of a mortgage (or escrow) paper, or lease/rental agreement; gas or electric utility bill displaying your name and address; and a photo ID of parent or guardian. In lieu of a utility bill, schools will accept a letter of intent to start service from the gas or electric company and temporary driver's license, with the understanding that a utility bill will be provided to the school within 60 days.
To enroll in kindergarten, Education Code [EC] Section 48000 (a) requires a child to be five by September 1 of the year student enrolls.
Student Transfer Policy
Tustin Unified School District has an open enrollment policy that allows students to apply to attend a school other than their school of residence. Approvals are for one year, and are reviewed each year. Information regarding transfer requests are available at the Student Transfers Office.
Each school is required to serve the students who live within its attendance boundaries before accepting students outside the boundaries. After residents are accommodated, any requests submitted will be processed on space available basis.
Residents new to Tustin Unified School District may apply for a transfer after these deadlines within two weeks of establishing a change of address with proof of residence.
Transportation is not provided.