Access the Beckman library from home
- Check out an ebook.
- Access the databases on the home page for your homework.
- Place a hold on a book.
- See what books you have checked out and when they are due.
Every student already has an account:
- Username = first name, last initial, last four of perm ID#
- Password = TUSD + Perm ID #
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
FOLLETT DESTINY FOR TUSD
Through this source, you have access to 898 digital books! Follow the steps listed below to access the titles:
- Go to Student Portal
- Select “Follett Destiny”
- Select “Arnold O. Beckman High School”
- Click on “Log in” (upper right corner) (all students have an account, log is the school standard log in)
- Username = first name, first letter of last name, last four digits of long ID number (Ex: johns3945)
- Password = tusd + long ID number (Ex: tusd21003945)
- Select “Destiny Discover” (left side)
The home page of Destiny Discover has eBook check out instructions and shows all the eBooks.
Tustin Unified is excited to offer students an additional collection of fun and engaging digital books and audiobooks through Sora. What’s great in Sora:
- Popular titles, series, authors and genres across all grade levels
- Variety of materials including picture books, chapter books, graphic novels and Spanish language items
- Full length audiobooks and read-along picture books
- Enjoy on all major devices and tablets
Access & Login
- Access Sora directly (https://soraapp.com/welcome) or as a link in Clever
- Clever is available as an app on all TUSD student devices or through the Student Portal on the district webpage
- Login to Sora through Clever.
- Use your TUSD Google username (with @mytusd.org) and password.
- Look for and select "Tustin Unified School District" as your school or use our setup code: TustinUSD.
- Select "Sign in using Tustin Unified School District"
For more details, including help information, visit the TUSD Library Services eBooks & Audiobooks webpage.
Click on the above link, and scroll down to select and watch a quick video overview of Sora. You'll learn how to navigate, borrow books, and start reading.
PUBLIC LIBRARY: LIBBY APP
Access thousands of digital books from the public library!
- Go HERE to get the Libby, by Overdrive App from the Microsoft store
- Click on “GET”
- Click on “Install”
- From your notifications, you want to “Launch” the Libby app
- Follow the prompts once you are inside the app
- NOTE: You will need a public library card to access books
- From your taskbar at the bottom of your computer screen, right-click on the Libby app and click “pin to taskbar” for easy access
These instructions will allow you to add the Libby app to your school computer, but you can also add it to your phone, so that you can read books off your Kindle/phone/other e-reader.