IVC Early College Program Overview
If you are the parent of an 8th grader interested in Beckman’s Early College program, you will need to attend 8th Grade Parent Night on April 3rd at 6:00pm. Be sure to attend Early College breakout session.
Early College is not for everyone, so if you decide you want to pursue it, you will have to apply & get admitted to the program. Our program is a 4 year commitment. You will receive an application packet at the parent night; you can also begin by printing the forms to begin the process. They will need to be returned to Beckman on April 20, 2018.
Only current 8th grade students will be considered for the 2022 cohort. The 2019, 2020, and 2021 cohorts are closed to new applicants.
Complete application, current transcript (may be printed off Aeries--does not have to be official) and 3 teacher recommendations must be submitted by April 20, 2018.
Also checkout our counseling page & video explanation under "8th grade info."
Early College Incoming Freshmen 2018-2019
Friday, April 20: Application, transcript and 3 references due.
Friday, April 20: Writing/Math assessment testing in Room 131 & 132 from 3:30-5:45 pm.
Friday, April 27, 2018: Packets Due
- Packet Includes:
- K12 Special Admission form
- IVC Authorization to Release Student Information form
- IVC Application confirmation page
- Student/Parent contract
Late July/Early August: IVC Fall registration
FAMILY CONNECTION / NAVIANCE
- Helping students explore their interests and strengths and develop a course of study that matches long-term goals with an actionable plan.
- If you want to play NCAA sports at a Division I or II school, you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Online management of student transcripts for college applications.
- The Common Application will connect your child to unparalleled opportunities by providing access to nearly 700 Member colleges through one convenient platform.
- Learn more about applying as an undergraduate to study at a UC campus.
- Learn more about applying as an undergraduate to study at a CSU campus.