Increase Student Achievement/Outcomes
- Continue to implement the District’s research based Signature Practices of Cognitively Guided Instruction, Structured Literacy and Rigorous Curriculum Design.
- Advance collaborative practices to review assessment results, improve initial instruction and determine intervention/enrichment needs.
- Continue to expand opportunities within College and Career Readiness including: CTE pathway development, dual enrollment, certification, work-based learning and internship offerings.
- Effectively use technology and software to improve student outcomes.
- Implement interconnected systems of support to improve student engagement and wellness, utilizing the community specialists and community partners.
Advance an Inclusive, Caring and Collaborative Culture
- Continue to promote and support a culture of high expectations for teaching, learning and interacting.
- Focus on increased collaboration, shared decision-making, inclusion, ethical behavior and mutual respect for all students, staff and families.
- Continue to work with associations to strengthen communication and relationships.
- Expand leadership opportunities and training to engage staff, build capacity and further the vision of the District.
- Continue to define District protocols and practices, leading to improved organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recruit, hire and retain high-quality employees that are representative of the communities we serve.
Communication and Parent/Community Partnerships
- Implement effective communication systems, including ongoing training, to deliver clear, consistent messaging to engage internal and external educational partners.
- Celebrate District’s core values and the unique attributes of each campus.
- Attend and be visible at school, district and community events/activities.
- Develop parent/guardian training on educational programs, and current topics of interest to strengthen school-to-home partnerships and extend/reinforce learning at home.
- Continue to prioritize, monitor, and review District systems, leading to improved fiscal prudency and accountability.
- Maintain alignment of District resources with Board goals and priorities, and locally adopted plans (e.g. LCAP).
- Employ strategies for improved student enrollment and attendance to increase general fund revenue.
- Identify and utilize grants, donations, partnerships with PTA/O, businesses and community groups and partners to supplement District and school site revenues.
Provide Safe, Modernized and Productive Learning Environments.
- Update and utilize the Facilities Master Plan to determine future modernization opportunities at school sites and the District Office.
- Continue to develop, prioritize and implement the District’s deferred maintenance program.
- Pursue state matching funds for facility projects that qualify for grant and/or state funding.
- Continue to implement the District’s safe school priorities (e.g. mental health and counseling programs, staff and student training, school and classroom emergency resources and law enforcement partnerships).
Printable Version: 2023-24 Board Goals