Do you enjoy helping others and having fun? Then Ripple Kids is just for you! You can make a difference!
A Ripple Kid is a kid who has identified an issue and has taken action to resolve it!
As kids are engaged in finding a solution to an issue, they become empowered and vested in the outcome. Their peers see what they’ve done, are inspired to think about how they too can make a difference, and the ripple effect begins!
Ripple Kids Inc. is a nonprofit that seeks to inspire and empower kids to take action in their communities. The school recognition program helps achieve that mission by acknowledging students in front of their peers for completing service projects in the community. As the Ripple Kids coordinators, our role is to work with our principal, Mrs. Vela and you as parents to support your child in making a difference in their community.
If your child wants to start a Ripple Kids Project, these are the step that they need to take.
1. Register online at http://www.ripplekids.com/
2. Help your child work out the details:
- When do you want to implement the project?
- Do you want to involve your class, the school, the community, etc;
- How do you want to publicize your project?
- How to collect any items or money?
3. If it is a school wide project, please coordinate your project with Joanne Huang and Nikki Bertoni at email@example.com, the Ripple Kids coordinators.
4. If it is a school wide project, publicize your project by sending out a flyer, putting out a blurb in the Husky Howl, discuss the project to your class, and/or make posters at the school, etc. All flyers must be approved by our principal, Mrs. Vela.
5. Implement your project either at school or in your community.
6. Submit your completed project at www.RippleKids.com when it is complete. Please contact either Nikki Bertoni or Joanne Huang about your project so that we can coordinate the recognition of your child in school.
Ripple KidsTM coordinators:
Nikki Bertoni (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joanne Huang (email@example.com)