While it is important to help your child if they are struggling, it is essential not to provide them with the answers. Giving the answers enables them to move past a concept before they’ve actually mastered it. It also discourages them from proceeding independently. Instead, ask prompting questions that will help them solve the problems on their own..
- What kind of questions can I ask?
- What does JiJi need to do?
- Why did that happen?
- How can you help JiJi?
- What do you know about __________________?
- What do you need to find out?
- How did the earlier levels/problems work?
- Is this like ______________ that you already did? How is it the same? How is it different?
- How did you get that answer?
- Why do you think that was not the right answer?
- What will happen if you click on ________________?