Celebrating Birthdays at MYFORD
Students love to celebrate birthdays at school, as it is a memorable time to share with teachers and friends. In an effort to abide by the TUSD Wellness Policy and to maximize student instructional time, we are asking all parents to follow these simple guidelines when planning for your child’s birthday celebration at school. The Myford staff feels strongly that by following these guidelines, we are promoting a healthy lifestyle and maximizing student learning!
- Contribute a book to the Myford library through the Birthday Book Program
- Bring in non-food items for classmates such as pencils, erasers, bookmarks, etc.
- Volunteer in your child’s class and capture the moment with a class “birthday” photo.
- Make a donation to your child’s class charity in honor of your child’s birthday.
- Provide goodie bags for classmates which can be distributed and taken home at the end of the day.
- Donate an educational game or book for your child’s classroom.
Students are no longer allowed to bring in food items for birthday celebrations, as many of the items brought to school did not follow the TUSD Wellness Policy guidelines. We appreciate your help with this matter!