• Select the option to create a new account.
• Select "Parent" or "Student" type of account as it applies.
• Enter the email address and password you would like to use.
• An email-account authorization will be sent to you (it is only to verify that you are the owner of that email account and is not the student’s verification code).
• Once you have verified your email account, log back into the parent portal and you will be asked for the information to link your student’s account.
• You will need your student’s permanent ID # (8 digits), your phone # on file, and your child’s verification # (10 alpha-numeric characters).
** The verification code is supplied by your school site – usually given out at registration, otherwise contact them
to receive it.
Following these steps will get you connected and the portal is also available via mobile devices as well (there is no "App" as the portal is device aware).
If you have a MAC, please see the instructions below if you encounter the Certificate error.
If you are using Safari on a MAC and you have installed an application called Mobile Me, then you are likely to experience a certificate problem. Mobile Me has known issues with corrupting site certificates for educational institutions.
Here are the fixes/work-arounds you can utilize to resolve your problem:
You could delete the corrupt certificate using your Key Chain utility - make sure it is the same matching Certificate that is throwing the error, and this will resolve the issue and allow you to get into the site using: Parentnet.tustin.k12.ca.us
– Directions on how to do this are attached HERE
You can download from the APP store Chrome or FireFox as they do not run into this problem.
We hope one of these, perhaps just the first one, will resolve your difficulty in logging into the Portal.