Student Transfers

2018-19 Transfer Info

Check back frequently as this site will be updated as information becomes available.

School Tour Dates

    • All Schools (EXCEPT MAGNET: see below)
      • January 17 (9 and 11 AM)
    • Magnet Schools
      • January 18 (9 and 11 AM)

Check Back for Updates

Application Dates

    • Applications will be accepted starting on Monday, January 22, 2018 at 8 AM.
    • Transfer Application Period will end on Friday, February 9 at 3 PM

Check Back for Updates

Application Process

    • Applications will not be available until Monday, January 22, 2018 at 8 AM
      • Applications will be online or paper
      • Due to high volume, Technical Support will not be available for the online application
      • HOWEVER, paper applications will be available and support for this process will be available in Student Services

ALL Applications will be processed Equitably

Check Back for Updates

Transfer FAQs

Are Applications processed "First Come/First Served?"

Applications are NOT FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED; Applications are processed through a random and unbiased manner. Transfers are granted to qualified students based on space availability. If there are more qualified applicants than spaces, a lottery is held.

Students with an IEP

ALL NEW Students with IEP:

In order to support your student's educational goals and services, please provide a copy of the most recent IEP as well as any amendments to the office of Student Services

Check Back for Updates

Out of District Students

New Students please bring:

  • a completed Interdistrict Transfer Agreement commonly referred to as a "release" or "permit."
  • a current transcript or last report card
  • a current attendance record
  • a current discipline report. If unavailable, a statement of the student’s discipline record on school letterhead, signed and dated by school office personnel, is permitted.

I have more than one student?

An application MUST be submitted for EACH Student requesting a transfer.

What is an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement and is that different from a permit or a release?

An Interdistrict Transfer Agreement is document used when a parent wishes to enroll their student(s) at a school that is not their school of residence and that is not in their district of residence. All out of district students obtain releases annually to attend TUSD schools. The words "Permit," or "Release" are used to describe Interdistrict Transfer Agreement. They are all the SAME thing.

Are there any closed schools (not accepting transfer applications) for next year?

  • Beckman High School (ALL Grades)
    • Only students attending BHS in 2017-18 may continue at BHS on a transfer in the 2018-19 school year. Out of District students must obtain a release from their district of residence to continue enrollment.

2017-18: Requesting Immediate Transfer

My Student is a TUSD Resident currently enrolled in a TUSD School

      • The Transfer period has closed for currently enrolled students. However, if you wish to appeal this please follow the detailed instructions below:
        • Email the following information to
          • Parent Name
          • Student Name
          • Student's Date of Birth
          • Student's Current School for this school year 2016-17
          • School Requesting
          • Written Appeal

My Student is a TUSD Resident NOT currently enrolled in a TUSD School

My Student is currently enrolled in a TUSD School and our family has moved

      • Within the TUSD Boundaries (CHECK HERE), please inform your school site to update address and contact information.
      • Outside of the TUSD Boundaries (CHECK HERE), please obtain a "release or permit" (Interdistrict Transfer Agreement) from your new district of residence.
        • Please inform your district of residence that you are currently enrolled in the TUSD
        • Bring completed "release or permit" to Student Services for processing

My Student is NOT a TUSD Resident and is NOT currently enrolled in a TUSD School

Updated: 12/7/2017